I like to make computer graphics, software, and video games
📜 About Me
Howdy! I'm Kyle, and I'm a software engineer based in the San Jose, CA area. I'm a senior college student at the University of Silicon Valley, where I'm getting my Bachelor's of Science in Game Design Engineering, and plan on graduating at the end of 2021! I'm currently working at Crown Consulting as a NASA Software Engineer intern developing really cool tools for engineers. 😎
My concentration is with computer graphics, rendering with OpenGL, low-level programming with C++, and game development. I've taken part in the Global Game Jam and various other jams, have worked in small tech startups with friends, and am always working on small side projects to increase my skills and learn the newest technology!
When I'm not programming though, you can catch me participating in competitive Esports, weightlifting, hiking some of the nearby trails, or eating some great local food (especially tacos). I enjoy video editing on the side when I can get around to it, and have a knack for martial arts.
You can find my programming projects on my GitHub
You can check my professional work out on my LinkedIn
You can find my blog posts on my Medium
You can follow me on my Twitter
You can check out my résumé here: View
You can shoot me an email at email@example.com
“Always do what you are afraid to do.”
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
⚙ Work History
NASA Software Engineer Intern
Crown Consulting, Inc.
Mar 2021 - Present
- Develop interactive web app features
- Written SQL and Python scripts to migrate, edit, and manage backend data in MySQL tables and AWS DynamoDB databases
- Designed UI
Mar 2019 - Present
Help junior high and high school students for a code school franchise, learn to code to improve their course outcomes. Work in areas such as programming concepts and fundamentals, good practices, language-specific ideas, computational theory and debugging code.
- Work closely with parents to ensure objectives are met.
- Collaborate with and help other tutors to resolve individual and shared challenge
Mar 2020 - Jul 2020
Junior developer and founding member of an unnamed startup. Using industry-standard web development technology, I help design, develop, and deploy a web service. Utilized problem solving skills to use with using new ways and new types of technology.
- Utilized Python, Django, PostgreSQL, GCP, Git, and others to develop a web platform
- Participated in the development of a business plan
- Help develop timelines, schedules, and presentations of the project
- Debug and deploy project to production
Thank you for visiting! 🤠